Maisha Moore – Art Director
- Why did you decide to work in this industry?
I love art and animation it was a perfect fit for me.
- What’s a defining moment in your life?
Leaving my racist hometown and vowing to never live there again, even if it was my last option.
- What is your biggest concern with the future?
How tax credits can affect our industry and what will happen if they are cut or changed. I hope what Vancouver has going on in terms of work, studios and vibrancy will last for years to come. We have a good talented community here.
- What is a successful moment in your career so far?
Having a great boss that took a chance on me and let me become a designer on his team. I was a modeler and surfacer for years before being able to break into design.
- What advice do you have for other women in the industry?
Share your knowledge. Don’t compete with your peers, uplift them.
- What do you collect, if anything?
I collect shells, coral, taxidermy, antiques and art in my spare time.
- Where can people find out more about you on social media? What is next for you in your career?
I have an Instagram account (@maisha_aileen_moo) that I like to post work to. It’s been great posting about the Five in Focus program and our progress on it. For the future, based on my experience in the five in focus program, I would love to continue to collaborate with fellow artists and make more passion projects.