1) Why did you decide to get into this industry?
I feel like being an artist is not necessarily a decision, vs something you feel like you HAVE to do in order to stay sane.
2) What’s a defining moment in your life?
Moving to New York 2 years ago from Los Angeles where I was born and raised. It was the best decision of my life, and I could not feel more creatively and personally challenged, and fulfilled. I had little to no resources and had to build a name for myself here from scratch.
3) What is your biggest concern with the future?
Influencer culture taking away opportunities from truly talented people who aren’t necessarily the “popular kids”.
4) What is a successful moment in your career so far?
My film Poppycock having such a positive reception, playing in various theaters here in the city and world wide, along with it being picked up for distribution at Tromanow.com
5) What advice do you have for other women in the industry?
Be strong yet humble. Always be a student of life. Keep telling unique, powerful and compelling stories and never take no as an answer.
6) What, if anything, do you collect?
I’ve had an odd fascination with faeries and I Love Lucy memorabilia. I have various paintings, Knickknacks, books you name it.
7) What are you working on next? In addition, if people want to find out more about you, where can they find you on social media?
I recently co-created a web series/production company called The 13th Fleur. We make weird comedy parody videos which can be seen on our YouTube channel or website. www.13thfleur.com.
Our 4th video will be debuting in the next few weeks.