1) Why did you decide to get into this industry?
I joined the pinup community as a way of empowering myself. It was a 25th birthday gift to myself. I instantly feel in love and wanted to continue empowering myself in this new community.
2) What’s a defining moment in your life?
One of the most defining moments in my life was when I enter my first pinup contest. Although I placed 2nd…I heard many negative things said to me as I walked around the venue. It made me upset but also lit a fire in my soul. I looked around and noticed not a very big presence of women of color and decided that if I were to continue I would be the subject of many negative comments but I could also help pave the way for more women of color….hopefully to inspire more.
3) What is your biggest concern with the future?
My biggest concern is seeing a decline in women of color attending events. I want all women color to feel included and safe.
4) What is a successful moment in your career so far?
Winning miss Viva Las Vegas and Miss Bo Huff.
5) What advice do you have for other women in the industry?
To never give…to be persistent in your dreams. Just because you did win one contest doesnt mean you wont win the next. As in life nothing is easy. Everything we want takes work and time.
6) What, if anything, do you collect?
Salt n pepper shakers and vintage dresses.
7) What are you working on next? In addition, if people want to find out more about you, where can they find you on social media?
@pinuplittlebit on Instagram