1) Why did you decide to get into this industry?
I have been modeling professionally through my agencies worldwide for many years. During that time, I never got booked to do jobs in my favorite style….the pinup/Old Hollywood style. As a result, I decided to create my own persona and share about my version of immulating the pinup look being that I rarely saw any images of Black women portrayed in this style.
2) What’s a defining moment in your life?
When I decided to stop trying to please everyone and do what feels right to me.
3) What is your biggest concern with the future?
Bad health….death…being poor…unhappiness….the usual stuff.
4) What is a successful moment in your career so far?
I have many moments that I cherish…Some are based on accomplishing goals, while others are great because of the amount of money I made. I tend to take pleasure in cherishing as many moments as possible because for me, “success” is not defined in one moment.
5) What advice do you have for other women in the industry?
For modeling professionally with an agency, this entails certain advice that doesn’t necessarily pertain to modeling in the pinup style. Regarding modeling in the pinup style, it’s what you make of it. Just do it.
6) What, if anything, do you collect?
I collect lucite purses from the 1950s. I recently moved to a new place in France with my husband Guillaume (@Gui_Bo on IG ). I am working on a space to display them in my personal dressing room. I don’t have all my purses with me yet, but I am excited to finally be able to make proper space to display them.
7) What are you working on next? In addition, if people want to find out more about you, where can they find you on social media?
@The_Angelique_Noire on IG #thereelwomen #womeninfilm #femalefilmmakers #HireaMs
My IG handle is @The_Angelique_Noire on IG. Next in my career is modeling more in Europe now that I live in France. In addition, I plan to share more about lifestyle stuff with my husband on IG.