1) Why did you decide to get into this industry?
The silly answer? I saw “The Mummy” hundreds of times as a child and wanted to be just like Rachel Weisz. The serious answer? I’ve loved movies my whole life and have always wanted to tell stories.
2) What’s a defining moment in your life?
Getting into the prestigious BFA program at my dream school — USC.
3) What is your biggest concern with the future?
Longevity in my career.
4) What is a successful moment in your career so far?
Having the first film I wrote and produced premiere in two film festivals.
5) What advice do you have for other women in the industry?
Tell your authentic story — don’t change it for anyone else.
6) What, if anything, do you collect?
Books!! It’s always been a dream of mine to have a huge library in my home.
7) What are you working on next? In addition, if people want to find out more about you, where can they find you on social media?
Producing and acting in a short film that I wrote — “Mel and Ruby.”
IG and Twitter: @juliamanis26