1) Why did you decide to get into this industry?
I love telling stories.
2) What’s a defining moment in your life?
Getting to shoot my film back home for the first time.
Photo Credit: Andrew Ellis
3) What is your biggest concern with the future?
Not being able to tell enough stories.
Photo credit: Chuyao He
4) What is a successful moment in your career so far?
Photo Credit: Chuyao He
5) What advice do you have for other women in the industry?
Just do it.
Photo Credit: Rolando Pérez Montes
6) What, if anything, do you collect?
Decorative plates from Spain. Although I just came back from India and added one from there to the mix.
7) What are you working on next? In addition, if people want to find out more about you, where can they find you on social media?
I just premiered a film I wrote and directed titled MARÍA about the mental health deterioration in PR after Hurricane María, specifically the increase in suicide rates. I’m also finishing up a short form biopic/documentary on an Indian American female rapper who embodies the successes and the hurdles of being a bicultural female artist in a male dominated industry. You find me on IG as @zoesj_ My website is www.zoesj.com
Photo Credit: Lauren Sowa